About Me

My photo
I've seen a fox wedding after a sun shower and climbed ruins in Burma. I think I'll be in trouble if they ever catch me.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What is this crap?


I realized after turning 30 that there was a whole world of how should I say it.... gray areas, that they never gave me an instruction manual to help get through. What happens when I really F*** up? And I don’t mean like ‘oops that’s no good’; I mean the day you realize the life you have is completely horrible. Or when friendships end, or when you find yourself 6000 miles from home thinking, is the road my home? Or when you’re the odd person out, and I don’t mean in dodge ball, I mean in life. Or when people keep dying and you’re finally catching up to everyone else that reached mature and you start thinking, I’m going to die one day. Or even worse after you’ve come to that conclusion, and for the first time, you feel regret.

I have had many times where even my parents’ advice fell short of comforting because to be honest, they didn't grow up the way we did. With all the options and individuality life has presented to us, it’s like we were also presented with these forks in the road where we are left staring, thinking, there's no ‘Dummy's book for this shit’

And sometimes because no one told you that you were going to have to deal with this, without warning, it blows up in your face and you're left sitting there staring, pondering, well what the hell do I do now?  How do I pick myself back up?

I don't know. I'm just saying I know I’ve seen that, I’ve been there. So here is my blog. Not really because I feel like what I have to say is important, but more because after striking up a conversation with a complete stranger and probably telling them more than is normal, I have them laughing and they are saying, ‘I can't believe you don't write this stuff down’. Sadly, when I get home the epiphany is usually gone, and I stare at the screen trying to think of what made them laugh?

But now I live in Japan, Now I have pocket wifi, an Itouch and a Blogspot App.
oooooh.

So as I roam the world, mostly downtown Tokyo until I have more funds that is, I meet people unlike me and quite like me that have run into the same gray areas and I decided to write down the common experiences, and hope that, well we all know I won't be mending stuff for you when I can barely take care of myself as you'll soon see, but at least you can walk away feeling, wow, someone else has had that happen, and she's way crazier than me. Sigh Of Relief.

I'll also add in the weird shit that happens to me quite frequently here. As I told a friend recently, I wouldn't call it bad luck because it does make me laugh and others laugh, but its definitely.... interesting luck.

And at that. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment